Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Google moves into Kansas City!

One of the most recognizable names in not only the US but the world is opening up a new location in the mid-west. Today I heard the good news that Google will be opening a broadband office in the Kansas City area. I had heard speculation in the past of a new office opening in the state of Missouri or Kansas but I never saw any concrete evidence until now. For a mid-westerner, like myself, this is great news! This opening could not only boost the job market; but also promote very talented and IT focused individuals to settle down in this area. Many have heard that Google's application process is anything but easy; it is not, trust me! Some have said the process involves an IQ test, background test, drug test, and I'm sure I have left a few. There is nothing wrong with that! Google is one of the coolest places to work int he world. IT bring's new meaning and taste to the ".Com" environment. But hopefully with this new office opening the mid-west will continue to grow as a hub for big business in IT. Check out more about the new Google office at the link below!

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2011/03/30/full-coverage-google-picks-kansas.html

GO GOOGLE!  

Joe Catalano
RELAY|technology

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm as ambitious about it as you are. I also think it's great news, but Google did say that they will be hiring only 2 individuals from the Kansas City area to run the service. It makes sense, i guess. This is only an experiment after all.

    ReplyDelete